Wrong LED box dispay

hello everybody,
the LED box appears without the configuration terminals (just a box without esternal terminals connectio).
Someone can help me to properly configure the program or suggest how to fix it.
tanks
Gianni

1 Like
  1. make sure you are using xod/common-hardware/led and not your own copy
  2. make sure <user_directory>\XOD\__lib__\xod doesn’t exist. This would be a personal copy of the xod library over-riding the real one.

If neither of these resolves the issue, I’m not sure what to tell you. It shows up correctly for me.

2 Likes

Thank you for your help gweimer,
I’m not have create any new personal library. To be shure I had remove and reinstalled again the program, but the problem remain the same. the led box (the first that I have used) appear without terminal pin.
Is XOD compatible with Windows 10?

thanks in advance
Gianni

1 Like

any more suggestion?
i had tried to verify the Windows and the Norton configuration, but the error remain the same.
somebody can may help me?

tank you

1 Like

Hi Gianni, can you take us through exactly what you are doing? Have you dragged the led onto the patch area so you see this?
Screenshot_20180707_144359
If so this is correct. When you drag another node onto the patch you can connect the input pins of one to the output pins of the other by clicking on the pin and then clicking a “target” pin on the other node. XOD will indicate which pins can be connected and which can’t.
Or are you saying you just see a box with no pins? i.e. no PORT, LUM or UPD? Or no connections to the pins?
XOD works fine on Windows 10, I have used it under win10. Although I usually use Linux.

:wink: Ian

1 Like

Hi Ian, I thank you in advance for your help.
I try to explain better what my problem is.
Using my Lenovo Y50 laptop with Windows 10, I downloaded and installed XOD ver. 0.21.2.
when I try to insert a Led box in the patch, it looks like this:
without any terminal and I can not connect it.
If I open XOD IDE online it works correctly instead.

thank you

Gianni

1 Like

What is the full path for the node in the inspector window? (It should be something like xod/common-hardware/led)

What folders exist under <user_directory>\XOD\__lib__?

1 Like

Okay, I’m out. Sorry but I have no idea how that is happening. I’ll leave it to the guns (gweimer and Victor)
:wink: Ian

1 Like

Thanks a lot Ian.
i hope i’ll solve the problem.

1 Like

good afternoon gweimer,

my full path for the node is: xod/common-hardware/led

and this is my folder list:
“C:\Program Files\XOD IDE\locales”
“C:\Program Files\XOD IDE\resorces”
“C:\Program Files\XOD IDE\resorces\arduino-builder”
“C:\Program Files\XOD IDE\resorces\arduino-builder\hardware”
“C:\Program Files\XOD IDE\resorces\arduino-builder\tools”
“C:\Program Files\XOD IDE\resorces\arduino-builder\tools\ctags”
“C:\Program Files\XOD IDE\resorces\arduino-libraries”
“C:\Program Files\XOD IDE\resorces\arduino-libraries\LiquidCrystal”
“C:\Program Files\XOD IDE\resorces\arduino-libraries\LiquidCrystal\examples”
“C:\Program Files\XOD IDE\resorces\arduino-libraries\LiquidCrystal\src”
“C:\Program Files\XOD IDE\resorces\arduino-libraries\LiquidCrystal-I2C”
“C:\Program Files\XOD IDE\resorces\arduino-libraries\LiquidCrystal-I2C\examples”
“C:\Program Files\XOD IDE\resorces\arduino-libraries\SD”
“C:\Program Files\XOD IDE\resorces\arduino-libraries\SD\examples”
“C:\Program Files\XOD IDE\resorces\arduino-libraries\SD\src”
“C:\Program Files\XOD IDE\resorces\arduino-libraries\Servo”
“C:\Program Files\XOD IDE\resorces\arduino-libraries\Servo\examples”
“C:\Program Files\XOD IDE\resorces\arduino-libraries\Servo\src”

just for info I didn’t add or delete any folders. these folders was created, I suppose, by the installation program.

1 Like

That is the correct full path for the node.

Where is your Workspace folder? By default, it is usually a XOD folder in your home user folder. That folder should have a __lib__ folder. It is the contents of that __lib__ folder that I am interested in. If you inadvertently make a change to any of the standard patches, it creates a xod folder under __lib__, and that will cause you problems.

1 Like

gweimer,
thank you for your support. To be shure I had unistalled the program and after download the latest revision (0.22.0) I installed the program. the list of sub forder created to the program are swon below:

as you can see no lib forder was created. I tryed to run the program as Administrator but the problem remain the same:

I know is hard to believe but I don’t know how to proceed.

cordialmente
Gianni

1 Like

That’s because it is the wrong folder. You need to check your workspace folder, not the install folder. It should be under your user directory.

1 Like

Hi…i am a new user here. As per my observation the picture is showing pressure on the panel with the power on, a recipe for trouble to worse since the tolerances are so tight that one can see that hand pressure cause LCD display anomalies.

pcb assembly india

1 Like