W5500 Ethernet card

Hi, so I like the concept of xod, and I like the idea that this will let me iterate quickly.
However, I don’t yet understand how I can take something like the w5500 libraries and create a custom node. I’ve already written some of the code I want in normal C++, but am completely confused how to translate this to a patch based system. I guess more specifically… Is there a way to Auto generate node types from class architecture in the normal C++ libraries?
If I have to manually write it myself… Not great, but doable.

update: I found the w5500 node. and have figured out that auto generation can’t be a thing… yet.
Looks like I’ll be creating a bunch of new nodes for myself then.
Is there somewhere I can see a tutorial on how to use Github, or some other thing to share my sensor nodes?
Never going to become popular if I keep my code to myself… :wink:

You can use File > Publish Library to make a project available for everyone to use. Generally, libraries do not have a main node, but just a collection of nodes to re-use. One or more test nodes can also be included to demonstrate how the other nodes can be used.

2 Likes

Any Help on why I am getting this error - just installed XOD - love the concept…

Begin compiling code for the board Arduino Mega ADK :package:

Using board ‘megaADK’ from platform in folder: C:\Users\Michael C\xod_packages_\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.8.1
Using core ‘arduino’ from platform in folder: C:\Users\Michael C\xod_packages_\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.8.1

Detecting libraries used…

“C:\Users\Michael C\xod\packages\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino5/bin/avr-g++” -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega2560 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_ADK -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR “-IC:\Users\Michael C\xod\packages\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.8.1\cores\arduino” “-IC:\Users\Michael C\xod\packages\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.8.1\variants\mega” “C:\Users\MICHAE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-3B7DED18AA89A92C03E70B6A169BFEF8\sketch\xod_1585523236690_sketch.ino.cpp” -o nul

C:\Users\MICHAE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\xod_temp_sketchbookoWrou1\xod_1585523236690_sketch\xod_1585523236690_sketch.ino:1091:10: fatal error: ESP8266WiFi.h: No such file or directory
#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

Alternatives for ESP8266WiFi.h: []
ResolveLibrary(ESP8266WiFi.h)
-> candidates: []

Error: exit status 1
Compilation failed.
Compilation failed
Command Process exited with code 1
The generated C++ code contains errors. It can be due to a bad node implementation or if your board is not compatible with XOD runtime code. The original compiler error message is above. Fix C++ errors to continue. If you believe it is a bug, report the problem to XOD developers.

1. You should start your own thread instead of adding new topics to old threads.
  2. The reason compile failed is “ESP8266WiFi.h: No such file or directory”. The reason XOD could not find that is not so obvious. You can search for that filename under C:\Users\Michael C. If it exists, a likely problem is that your username has a space in it & that is breaking XOD’s search for it.

Can you tell why it is looking for an ESP… related file when i am using a MEGA? I will see if that exist but I am not sure what it has to do with a device that is not present in the project.

Did you select MEGA device when doing download? If so, do you have any nodes in your patch trying to use the wifi?