Simulation error - please help

Good morning.

I am playing around with idea. I have connected a dht-2x hygrometer to a text-lcd-i2c-16x2. but when i want to simulate i get the following error :Generating C++ code for simulation…
Building…
/ws/sketchbook/df0364885ad56d00ee6a68283926579e066762ef3243dd8705c9410ce78752f0/sketch/sketch.ino:978:10: fatal error: ‘Wire.h’ file not found
#include <Wire.h>
^~~~~~~~
1 error generated.
shared:ERROR: ‘/ws/arduino_data/packages/xod/tools/emscripten/1.39.2/bin/clang++ -target wasm32-unknown-emscripten -D__EMSCRIPTEN_major__=1 -D__EMSCRIPTEN_minor__=39 -D__EMSCRIPTEN_tiny__=1 -D_LIBCPP_ABI_VERSION=2 -Dunix -D__unix -D__unix__ -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -Xclang -nostdsysteminc -Xclang -isystem/ws/arduino_data/packages/xod/tools/emscripten/1.39.2/emscripten/system/include/libcxx -Xclang -isystem/ws/arduino_data/packages/xod/tools/emscripten/1.39.2/emscripten/system/lib/libcxxabi/include -Xclang -isystem/ws/arduino_data/packages/xod/tools/emscripten/1.39.2/emscripten/system/include/compat -Xclang -isystem/ws/arduino_data/packages/xod/tools/emscripten/1.39.2/emscripten/system/include -Xclang -isystem/ws/arduino_data/packages/xod/tools/emscripten/1.39.2/emscripten/system/include/libc -Xclang -isystem/ws/arduino_data/packages/xod/tools/emscripten/1.39.2/emscripten/system/lib/libc/musl/arch/emscripten -Xclang -isystem/ws/arduino_data/packages/xod/tools/emscripten/1.39.2/emscripten/system/local/include -DLLVM_ROOT=/ws/arduino_data/packages/xod/tools/emscripten/1.39.2/bin -DARDUINO_WASM_SIMULATION -DARDUINO_ARCH_WASM -O2 -std=c++11 -nostdlib -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -c -I/tmp/arduino-sketch-2B7B3AE2A5CF0795210F1E940615B7CC/sketch -I/ws/arduino_data/packages/xod/hardware/wasm/0.2.0/cores/simulation -I/ws/arduino_data/packages/xod/hardware/wasm/0.2.0/variants/simulation -DEMSCRIPTEN /tmp/arduino-sketch-2B7B3AE2A5CF0795210F1E940615B7CC/sketch/sketch.ino.cpp -Xclang -isystem/ws/arduino_data/packages/xod/tools/emscripten/1.39.2/emscripten/system/include/SDL -c -o /dev/null -mllvm -combiner-global-alias-analysis=false -mllvm -enable-emscripten-sjlj -mllvm -disable-lsr’ failed (1)

The generated C++ code contains errors. It can be due to a bad node implementation
or if your board is not compatible with XOD runtime code. The original compiler error
message is above. Fix C++ errors to continue. If you believe it is a bug, report the
problem to XOD developers.

I dont have arduino connected. Can anyone help me with this?Do I need to have arduino connected? Still waiting for my board and other components

Tia

hello, I can’t simulate patches that contain libraries like wire.h and others.

You can only simulate patches with xod nodes are library dependent.

It is a very common mistake and it creeps with each new user.

Debug and upload by selecting the board to simulate onboard.

How do I do that? I cant find the setting to simulate on board

You can’t simulate extra hardware like buttons, LCD, LED, or sensors. These need replaced with tweak or watch nodes or run on actual hardware. You can use debug when running on hardware to combine tweak/watch nodes with extra hardware.

makes sense. Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.