0.96 Inch 4Pin White IIC I2C OLED Display For Arduino

Thanks for all the above info. I really appreciate.

I’m using Amica NodeMCU esp8266 board. What changes that I should do? there are no A4 & A5 pin on the board…

What else should I change?

thanks.

I don’t know what you’re trying to do, but it would be better if you start a new thread with the particular query about your project

in NodeMCU only A0 analog

I’m referring to the same issue IIC I2C OLED Display but this time with ESP8266 NodeMCU board (instead of Arduino).

With only A0 analog pin, how to connect OLED display with the board? What other changes that I should observe in implementing all the above suggestions (for Arduino) on NodeMCU board?

Not sure, but try this

To define the ports in XOD for NodeMCU, it is D1 will not be D1 but D5 and D2 will be D4

Summing up in XOD use D5 for SCL and D4 for SDA (you should not define them, but they will be used by i2c)

On the board connect SCL to D1 (GPIO5) and SDA to D2 (GPIO4)

1 Like

gweimer do you maybe know why there is no Digispark support and I can’t even upload in code via Arduino IDE? I’m constantly getting some error.thanks!

Sorry, I just use UNO and don’t understand much about hardware support. But if it doesn’t work in IDE, it’s almost certainly not going to work in XOD.

works in IDE … ok thanks anyway

The instructions for digispark mentions that it needs to be manually added to IDE. Did you do this for XOD? There are instructions in XOD documentation for adding new boards to XOD.

ok, where does it say in xod … i haven’t seen it

Check here: Adding New Hardware Support

thanks, one question more…

tell me can i connect an button to an analog pin on an arduino nano, it says that you are an analog pin from A0-A5 also digital? can they drive a diode or read a button on analog pins or are they for analog inputs only?
in xod there is always a tag for pin A … (by default A0 let’s say) do I have to type differently when I plug in an analog pin button or diode?

What if I have a button on the analog pin 3 and a diode on the other side of the digital 3?

Untitled

After spending a lot of time with this i managed to get a easy to use 3 line patch running
Hope this helps some people :slight_smile:

@wayland - when exceeding the linewidth it swaps to the next one and mixes up - is there a way to prevent this ?

128x64.oled_3lines.example.xodball (18.9 KB)

Thanks for sharing your patch. You can switch off text-wrapping by setting the WRAP input pin on the draw-text node to false. This will stop one line overwriting the next, but of course you will still have the issue that you don’t have enough space to display the full line. If you’re working with numbers you could use the format-number node to set the number of digits you want to display.

Hope this helps.

thx

due to a health (brain) condition i cant use code as im used to a few years ago - thats the reason why i went to xod

thx xod folks - great software

btw - cant get xod to deploy any patch with your library - tryed everything i read. using arduino ide and copy paste works fine

Hi,

A noob here.

I’m trying to get this working (in simulation mode for now), but get a compile error …
“fatal error: ‘SPI.h’ file not found”.

I get this as soon as I add the ssd1306-oled-i2c

Anyone have any clue how to get past that? I’ve not installed any libraries etc (if I was supposed too), just the wayland/ssd1306-oled-i2c.

Actually … just thinking about it now. Maybe its the simulation mode? … is this supposed to work in a simulation?

Thanks

1 Like

Makes sense, thanks for the explanation.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.