I built a project that didn’t seem very complex. But, it did odd things while running.
I rebuilt it, piece by piece, running it each time. It worked fine till one point.
How do you want me to report it? I have the xod project, my libraries, generated arduino code, and console-log with XOD_DEBUG turned on.
It’s the last “timestamp” (on the select) that breaks it.
You could zip your whole workspace and share the archive. I can try to reproduce the problem.
project: play1, patch updown-debug/
xod 0.13.0 and 0.14.0 have problems.
- open the updown-debug patch
- upload only that patch (deploy upload)
- with xod 0.14.0 the arduino will send a random selection of the log messages. Under 0.13.0, the arduino will send nothing, apparently locked up. Under 0.13.0, enabling XOD_DEBUG gives some trace output then stops.
- Removing the deepest “timestamp” node lets it run under 0.13.0.
- Created several test projects, e.g. “log-debug”, under 0.14.0 to test whether it is console-logging, but things ran fine. “ts-debug” does hang, after adding enough “timestamp” nodes.
- I suspect string catenation.
Thanks for the scenario, @awgrover. Yeah, seems like the string implementation has bugs. More specifically the implementation of
Chunk ring buffer.
We’re going to simplify the lists, make them more straightforward and heap-free.
This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.