Upload error: "No device found on comX"

New to XOD and Arduino, just got my Uno Rev 4 WIFI board, can’t get anything to upload. I can upload just fine with Arduino IDE program, can also use “show code for Arduino” within XOD, copy and paste into IDE, then upload it successfully that way. Log is below:

Uploading compiled code to the board…
Performing 1200-bps touch reset on serial port COM5

“C:\Users\Owner\xod_packages_\packages\arduino\tools\bossac\1.9.1-arduino5/bossac” -d --port=COM5 -U -e -w “C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\xod_temp_sketchbookDWxDB4\xod_1705024266647_sketch\build\arduino.renesas_uno.unor4wifi/xod_1705024266647_sketch.ino.bin” -R

No device found on COM5

Set binary mode
Send auto-baud
Set binary mode

Error during Upload: uploading error: uploading error: exit status 1
Upload failed
Command Process exited with code 1
Make sure the board is connected, the cable is working, the board model set correctly, the upload port belongs to the board, the board drivers are installed, the upload options (if any) match your board specs.

Do you need to select a different serial port when doing the upload? Does IDE find board on COM5 or somewhere else?

It seems to find it automatically, and device manager shows it on COM5, and Arduino IDE connects over COM5. I even changed the COM port manually in device manager to make sure some other program wasn’t using that port.

The only other issue I can think of is that you have wrong board selected when you download, so it is trying to use the wrong protocols to connect.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.