Switch/button to key output

Greetings people,

I am here to ask if anyone has found a way to have a button or switch output to a key or button that can then be recognized by various other programs or video games. What I eventually plan to make is a switch board with various rocker switches, toggle switches, and buttons on it. Something like this would be very useful for flight simulators or controlling certain functions on electronic machinery. I’m almost certain someone has already figured it out, but I just don’t know who or how.

If anyone has any information, please let me know. When the project is complete, i’ll take pictures and such.

-Magic Mallet

Are you thinking something like this?

First off, sorry if I sound like a bit of a neanderthal. Still trying to learn XOD on the go with decent success.

B.) I believe it is, but more akin to a H.O.T.A.S. system with a throttle and stick. A good example is the saitek x55 rhino. It’s got lotsa buttons, but I want more permanent ones that can be labeled and have an indicator if on or off. I’ve managed to get a rudimentary system that simply links toggle switches to LEDs and a 16x4 LCD. I’ll soon begin attempting to matrix the setup, since even with an arduino mega’s 53 pins, they’ll fill up quickly (and that’s a LOT of wires).

No problem :smile: (i am glad you are having success)
sounds like it is what you are looking for.
Create a “I want a node” Topic with all the details and i will take a look at it tomorrow for you :smile:
P.s you might want to take a look at some Multiplexing IC’s for the buttons to clean things up a bit? i have been meaning to do a lib for the HCF4051 chip.