Error on uploading with [Watch] or debugging

Hi,

My code uploads and works (mostly), except on my main PC, I cant get the debugging (or simulation) working.

Any insight would be helpful.

Code works, debugging works, everything works when I use my other PC.
Driver or dependency related I assume.
I have already uninstalled XOD and Arduino IDE, removed all traces that I can find in Program Files and in User folder.

I get this error:

Upload failed
Command `C:\Program Files\XOD IDE\resources\arduino-cli.exe --config-file=C:\Users\Lensfort\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-clixrpiD6\.cli-config.yml upload --fqbn arduino:avr:uno --port COM4 --verbose -t C:\Users\Lensfort\AppData\Local\Temp\xod_temp_sketchbookFRztqK\xod_1550571769251_sketch` failed with code 1
Make sure the board is connected, the cable is working, the board model set correctly, the upload port belongs to the board, the board drivers are installed, the upload options (if any) match your board specs.```

Seems a bit further up the error is :

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x6f

If thats helpful.

Hi, in order to help you, more information is needed.
As operating system and board you are using.

Upload software is saying it can’t find your board. Is it plugged in & recognized by your OS? Try unplugging & plugging it back in.

Did you select the correct board & port?

Do you have hardware connected to the tx/rx pins on the board (I think pins 0 & 1 on UNO; this will block communication…don’t ask how I know…WAY too much time was wasted…)?

Chinese Arduino Uno R3 with CH340 serial.

Selected “Arduino/Geniuno Uno”
Machine is Windows 10

The use of this board and that above selection works fine on other PCs.
Yes, serial is detected (COM4), board will upload and accept code from Ardiuno IDE with no problems.

test with this driver link

1 Like

Another thing to try is: use another USB port of the PC or even an external USB-hub. Recently I saw a situation when such port switching helped.

1 Like

I did this before reading this.

Apparently: 1 - XOD doesnt like communicating via USB3.0, and 2- not through a USB2.0 hub connected to USB3.0.

I used the 1 of the 2 only USB2.0 sockets and I got all of my boards (5x) to talk, except a nano with a ATMega168pau.

So, solved. Use USB2.0 direct.

Sometimes you can disable some features in the usb device manager. for example trying to deactivate root hub (usb 3.0)
Always when you do not need to use USB 3.0

In my laptop I have USB3, and I did not have those problems, it works the same as in USB2

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.