Blinking Sequence not really working

Hi
I am pretty new to XOD but I love it more or less already - I am not the big “coder” - therefore very good for me :wink:
Working on a project and needed a blinking sequence of a single LED.
Found on Youtube a video where someone was creating a morse code signal - voila - exactly what I need !
Rebuild it and not working:
My problem is that some sequenced flashes of the LED are bright (OK) - some are dimmed (not OK)
tried everything - shortened, longed the flashes - swaped the long and short ones in order - no success.
Am I doinng something wrong or is it a bug ??? In the Video it works great.

Made it with “Flip-N-Times” nodes (being on Active False), fed this ACT via “pulse-on-false” and a delay to the next stage, sequnce of “Flip-N-Times”
Routed the end DONE via a “defer” and an “ANY” to the first stage to create a loop.

Mainly the sequence works ok - but like described - some flashes are dimmer, sometimes it looks the LED stays on and dimms down for certain flashes - I give up :wink:

Anyone some help ?

Cheers
Marty

Hi, can you upload the xodball and the video address you refer to?

Xodball ??? you mean the file ? sorry dont have it anymore - started building it exactly like in the vid.
and then thousand changes - no luck :wink:

the video on youtube is called: XOD Tutorial 1_ Getting Started

XOD has changed a lot since the publication of that video, what would you like to do? I see how I can help you :slightly_smiling_face:

blink-multi.xodball (7.6 KB)

thanks a lot - Oh I see therefore the “old” tutorial is noch working :wink:
your file workes good - thanks a lot - I changed a few values and made it to my need - although its tricky with the delays

One big question: I made a longer loop out of more sequences of yours with two different LEDs. There is still, that a few of these “branches” of the loop is dimmer, other ones are full brightness - does this has to do with non exact delay values that there is a bit of overlap etc ?

Its not important - I am happy as it is right now - would be just curios to know.
For me as a “non coder” - XOD is the perfect thing - never got so much into arduino ever - like it.
Next project is connecting the whole thing to bluetooth - are you experienced in that topic too ?

Thanks a lot
cheers
Marty

upload the xodball file to verify it.

My 1st guess would be that you have multiple LED nodes with the same port and somehow your code is trying to activate more than one of these at a time, so the LUM value for the port is bouncing between on & off, causing LED to not be full bright.

1 Like

I upload a new more configurable example
blink-multi-3.xodball (28.3 KB)

update , comments and an identical patch without buses were added
thanks you @gweimer

@ gweimer: yes I guess so too - too many delays steppen on echt other toes :wink:
@ cesars: wow the new Blink looks complicated - Ill give it a try

tried to attache my novice version for the multiblink with 2 LEDs - but it says as a new user I cant upload anything

but nevertheless, thanks for your help

Cool code, but you might want to add come comments for beginners. Is there a reason you used bus to feed if-else-v instead of moving it below the defer nodes?

As a quick overview:

• the “clock” node at the top allows you to set how long between blinks (each “tick” starts a new blink). The “delay” node feeding into it specifies how long after boot before blinking starts (5 seconds)
  • the nodes feeding “led” node cause LED to be on for 1st half of each “tick”. You could change the divide value so on-time is more or less than 1/2 of each tick. You could even add another “if-else-v” to change the on-time during the pattern.
  • the “between” and “greater” nodes feed “if-else-v” to determine how long each “tick” is. (The 1st 5 “ticks” are 0.5 seconds; next 5 are 1s; last 5 are 2s). You can expand if-else-v and add more conditionals to make more complex patterns.
  • the “count” node counts how many blinks we have done. The “equal” node feeding into it resets count after 15. (Since count is a number, which could be fractional, it would be safer to use greater 15 instead of equal 16; this is not as critical since we are just adding 1 and not doing multiply or divide)
1 Like

hi, none, just that as the defer goes up I leave it there

As it is an example I thought it was good to add more nodes, it could be 1 second or descactivate it
Without the delay, the first ones are almost not seen if the console is used

:+1: the teacher is you :clap:

Update with comments and add a patch without buses.

When doing the buses using counter output, there are no names, if there are several meters, the number buses are mixed and you have to put them manually.

1 Like