Accelerometer and gyroscope

does anyone know if this module works with xod and how do i make it when it tilts to say 30 degrees to light my LED for example …

The board uses I2C communication, so it will work with XOD. The only question is how easy it will be to use. One of the built-in accelerometer nodes might work if this board returns the same data as one of the existing devices. If not, the existing nodes could be used as a template for building one that works with this hardware. There is also a library for another type of accelerometer, but it is only 2-axis.

Once you have a node that returns tilt information, turning on an LED is just a matter of using greater or less node to determine when you have tilted far enough to turn it on.

Gy-521 is an mpu-6050

You can try this library… I think there is another for the mpu6050 but I cannot find it

https://xod.io/libs/yzheka-m/mpu-9250/

ok, I’ll try … do I only connect 5v, GND, SCL and SDA? or something else?

is there any specific example of connecting and working with xod for that module or something?

AHH here it is

does the accelerometer / gyroscope measure only acceleration or constant speed?

It does not measure linear speed if that is what you are asking

Gyroscopes , or gyros, are devices that measure or maintain rotational motion. MEMS (microelectromechanical system) gyros are small, inexpensive sensors that measure angular velocity . The units of angular velocity are measured in degrees per second (°/s) or revolutions per second (RPS).

Accelerometer . An accelerometer is a device that measures proper acceleration. Proper acceleration, being the acceleration (or rate of change of velocity ) of a body in its own instantaneous rest frame, is not the same as coordinate acceleration, being the acceleration in a fixed coordinate system.

An accelerometer makes a gyroscope more accurate in its reading… but the reading is angular velocity not linear velocity

ok, thanks a lot for the explanation.

then what i need is probably some gps module to read my speed for arduino …

Or a wheel speed sensor input… (Motor speed, pulse etc) GPS does not always work

ok i understand, thank you all