About the Install/Upload Problems category

XOD IDE installation, configuration, upgrade, and first compilation/upload problems.

There is a wild variety of PC configurations. Even more, are microcontroller board models. Chances something will go wrong with XOD in some combinations. Report such problems here, with all possible info: your OS, IDE version and flavor, screenshots and error log verbatim.

wasm-ld: error: unknown file type: /ws/arduino_data/EM_CACHE/wasm-obj/libc.a
wasm-ld: error: unknown file type: /ws/arduino_data/EM_CACHE/wasm-obj/libcompiler_rt.a
wasm-ld: error: unknown file type: /ws/arduino_data/EM_CACHE/wasm-obj/libc-wasm.a
wasm-ld: error: unknown file type: /ws/arduino_data/EM_CACHE/wasm-obj/libc+±noexcept.a
wasm-ld: error: unknown file type: /ws/arduino_data/EM_CACHE/wasm-obj/libc++abi-noexcept.a
wasm-ld: error: unknown file type: /ws/arduino_data/EM_CACHE/wasm-obj/libdlmalloc.a
wasm-ld: error: unknown file type: /ws/arduino_data/EM_CACHE/wasm-obj/libpthread_stub.a
wasm-ld: error: unknown file type: /ws/arduino_data/EM_CACHE/wasm-obj/libc_rt_wasm.a
shared:ERROR: ‘/ws/arduino_data/packages/xod/tools/emscripten/1.39.2/bin/wasm-ld -o /tmp/emscripten_temp_acP3lx/sketch.ino.wasm --allow-undefined --lto-O0 -L/tmp/arduino-sketch-5EDB76B55095BE532B3DB3AF69FBEA4D /tmp/arduino-sketch-5EDB76B55095BE532B3DB3AF69FBEA4D/sketch/sketch.ino.cpp.o -L/ws/arduino_data/packages/xod/tools/emscripten/1.39.2/emscripten/system/local/lib /tmp/arduino-sketch-5EDB76B55095BE532B3DB3AF69FBEA4D/…/…/ws/arduino_data/core/core_xod_wasm_simulation_51843e7ee730d11e17940e3f4be647d9.a -L/ws/arduino_data/packages/xod/tools/emscripten/1.39.2/emscripten/system/lib -L/ws/arduino_data/EM_CACHE/wasm-obj /ws/arduino_data/EM_CACHE/wasm-obj/libc.a /ws/arduino_data/EM_CACHE/wasm-obj/libcompiler_rt.a /ws/arduino_data/EM_CACHE/wasm-obj/libc-wasm.a /ws/arduino_data/EM_CACHE/wasm-obj/libc+±noexcept.a /ws/arduino_data/EM_CACHE/wasm-obj/libc++abi-noexcept.a /ws/arduino_data/EM_CACHE/wasm-obj/libdlmalloc.a /ws/arduino_data/EM_CACHE/wasm-obj/libpthread_stub.a /ws/arduino_data/EM_CACHE/wasm-obj/libc_rt_wasm.a --import-memory --import-table -mllvm -combiner-global-alias-analysis=false -mllvm -enable-emscripten-sjlj -mllvm -disable-lsr --export __wasm_call_ctors --export __data_end --export main --export malloc --export free --export setThrew -z stack-size=5242880 --initial-memory=16777216 --no-entry --max-memory=16777216 --global-base=1024’ failed (1)

The generated C++ code contains errors. It can be due to a bad node implementation
or if your board is not compatible with XOD runtime code. The original compiler error
message is above. Fix C++ errors to continue. If you believe it is a bug, report the
problem to XOD developers.

I have started by downloading Windows desktop version of XOD. Tried out the simulate exercise which OK. Second I tried to change the clock speed to 0.1. Did Deploy - simulate and got a red line with error message. I have uninstalled XOD and reinstalled it twice and I am still getting the same error in compiling message before even changing the interval setting.
I’m totally stuck. cam anyone help?