0.96 Inch 4Pin White IIC I2C OLED Display For Arduino

Hi @9nix6 and welcome to the forum,

I’ve just replicated this issue on my mac, deploying to an Arduino Uno. My SSD1306 library was working fine in the latest version of XOD (0.32.0) until I ran “Upgrade Arduino Packages & Toolchains”

After upgrading Arduino AVR Boards from 1.8.1 to 1.8.2 I received the same error message that you did.

I was able to work around the problem by taking the following steps:

1. closed XOD
  2. removed the following directory: /Users/matt/xod/__packages__
  3. restarted XOD (I was prompted to install Arduino AVR boards)

I haven’t got access to a windows machine, so I’ve no idea if this workaround will help you. I also don’t know where the xod/__packages__ directory is located on windows.

Unfortunately I don’t know enough about the toolchain to understand what the underlying problem might be.

Thank you for checking this. The solution did not work for me (on Windows), but it gave me the needed information regarding the origin of the problem.

I downgraded to Arduino AVR Boards v 1.8.1 by deleting:
C:/Users/xxxx/xod/__packages_/packages/arduino/hardware/1.8.2 folder
creating C:/Users/xxxx/xod/__packages_/packages/arduino/hardware/1.8.1
and copying the contents of the hardware/arduino/avr folder from Arduino IDE to the folder I created.

Maybe it will help someone who is having a similar problem.

BTW: Thank you for creating the OLED library.

ok Thanks…I’ll try it and let you know …

friends, can anyone help me with these displays, because I can’t print anything on one or the other, can you tell me exactly the procedure and how to print, say, text or anything. explain it to me amateurly…

s-l300

Some time ago I did these tests, currently the library I use is not published, but these examples can be useful with the original library.

You first have to place the oled device node on the screen. Next you have to initiate the device by placing the init node down. Now you clear the screen by placing the clear screen node down. Then you place down what you want on the screen. You can put down the draw text if want. Type what you want on the text option for the node. Now you’ll want to send it to the screen by the send to buffer node. Now you just need to link the nodes all together accordingly. You can look at the examples and see how they link together. Another thing to take note when looking at the example is to see how they are connected to the bus.

Can you send me file or screenshoot…thanks

maybe i dont connect properly, ground, 3.3v and sda to pin A4 and scl to pin A5? right?
And do I have to put some special library up there?
Do you have any visual example?

I’ve always connected mine to 5v but I’m not sure if that would make a difference or not. Looks like the connections are good. You do need to download a library though. Go to add library in xod and wayland/ssd1306-oled-i2c@0.0.4

U2 is an regulator de 5v to 3,3v, connect direct 5v

I just want to print plain simple text on the display,
what i must add…help

The library you are using has example nodes to demonstrate how to use it. example-scroll shows you how to draw text, then start scrolling it. You need to start by creating the device to feed to the DEV pin & initialize it using init node, then you can make sure the screen is clear & draw your text.

In case you don’t know, all the triangle nodes in the example are bus nodes. The top-left node creates the DEV for the display and sends it to the triangle pointing down and labelled DEV. All the triangles pointing up labelled DEV are just “copies” of that. Instead of having all the triangles, you could run wires directly, but that would leave wires crossing over a bunch of nodes & make things messier.

can you draw me an example of how to print plain text please, simple example?

As I stated before, the example is in the library. Many libraries have example nodes included to show you exactly how to use the library. Expand the library in the project browser to see all the nodes for the library, then double-click on the example nodes to open a new tab in the workspace to see what the node looks like. The top 5 nodes in example-scroll (everything above start-scroll) are what you need to display text.

I don’t know where to find triangles and I don’t know what they mean, and I don’t have the option of say example-scroll in the menu.
Can you give me a ready-made example of plain text that is functional for download please, for example, so then I’ll expose it a bit and understand better …
I know I may be boring but you are awesome and you can help me …

Search for “to bus” and “from bus” they are nodes. There should be an example-draw-text. If you find it drag it out and double click on the example node to open it up

what i got on the display is a bunch of dots that flash, i just need the simple text most easily connected to the lines and print me the text, if anyone knows let me make an example for download i’ll be very grateful … thanks

Do you have a pic of your nodes being connected

i deleted them, they were just like in the picture above …

I waste hours and hours and can’t print anything on the display :frowning: