Where is Logarithm node?

Hello.

Using KY-013 Analog Temperature Sensor. In order to obtain actual temperature readings I have to do some math calculations which include a natural logarithm:

double Thermister(int RawADC) {
double Temp;
Temp = log(((10240000/RawADC) - 10000));
Temp = 1 / (0.001129148 + (0.000234125 + (0.0000000876741 * Temp * Temp ))* Temp );
Temp = Temp - 273.15; // Convert Kelvin to Celcius
return Temp;
}

Unfortunately, I cannot make a compound node for this sensor as there is no logarithm node in XOD. Or am I looking wrong direction?

Thank you.

Hello!

Not here yet. I added it to the pool of most wanted nodes. The logarithm is a trivial wrapper around C function, so I think we can add it in the nearest release.

Meanwhile, you can look how xod/core/sin is done and make your own log node.

Thank you.

Meanwhile, you can look how xod/core/sin is done and make your own log node.

Unfortunately, I cannot. XOD does not show implementation for sin:

I will wait for the log implementation in future version. Is there any ETA for it by any chance?

Yeah. It implemented natively in C++. The file is in C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Local\Programs\xod-client-electron\workspace\__lib__\xod\core\sin\any.cpp. You can put an any.cpp file next to your patch to make it used while transpilation… Yes, seems complex, we’ll give a tool to edit C++ right from within IDE very soon.

ETA is the end of November. Not sure, maybe we would release an intermediate version sooner than that.

We added logarithms in v0.16.0

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.