RTC Implementation

Hello everyone,
I’m having trouble using my RTC (DS3231). I’ve set it up and I’m very happy with it. However, when I try to display it on the LCD it gives me problem on more complex patches. I think the problem is with the I2C bus. I notice it screws up my sensor values, also on the I2C bus with I try to implement it on the complex patches. Please see below.

These patches work fine. The following does not.

There is quite a bit more to this last patch. When I remove the link between the date-time-lcd patch, it works fine. But when the link is made it does not display the last row on the LCD and the sensor values are not correct in the three lines above, on the LCD. All the sensor readings are on the I2C bus. Am I missing something with the I2C bus port on this node? thank you for you help.

I already had similar problems, it could be due to a failure in the pulses that enters a blockage or due to lack of microcontroller resources

Should I pulse the “UPD” every 60 seconds rather than “continuous” update? Do I need to do anything with the I2C bus port?

you can use throttle and continuously nodes.

Thank you for the direction. I did not know about these nodes. XOD is amazing! I can’t say enough good things about it.

Where can I find more information about I2C nodes. I don’t understand how the nodes work and when i should use them in the code. The RTC is the only node i’ve used that has it. But I don’t understand when i should use it and how.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.