Problems with I2C LCD

Hello, sorry for my English use Google translator.
Which port you need to specify in ADDR?
The address of my Lcd 1602 A i2c 0x3F, I tried to initialize the IDE, it works.lcd

You should enter decimal there. 0x3F is a hexadecimal number equal to 63 when converted to base 10. Use 63.

Thanks for the reply.
Yes I tried to enter a 63, while downloading it gives an error [object Object]

Sorry for the delay. I see the problem is in LiquidCrystal library but the message on the photo is truncated and I can’t tell what’s going on exactly. Would you expand the message (click the triangle) and copy/paste the error verbatim here?

Also, what board model do you use? That’s important too.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I use, Arduino Nano 328.
Object
errorCode
:
"Failed"
"src/main.cpp:907:31: fatal error: LiquidCrystal_I2C.h: No such file or directory↵#include <LiquidCrystal_I2C.h>↵^↵compilation terminated.↵*** [.pioenvs/nanoatmega328/src/main.o] Error 1↵========================== [ERROR] Took 1.94 seconds ==========================↵↵================================== [SUMMARY] ==================================↵Environment LilyPadUSB [SKIP]↵Environment adafruit_circuitplayground_m0 [SKIP]↵Environment atmegangatmega168 [SKIP]↵Environment atmegangatmega8 [SKIP]↵Environment btatmega168 [SKIP]↵Environment btatmega328 [SKIP]↵Environment chiwawa [SKIP]↵Environment diecimilaatmega168 [SKIP]↵Environment diecimilaatmega328 [SKIP]↵Environment due [SKIP]↵Environment dueUSB [SKIP]↵Environment esplora [SKIP]↵Environment ethernet [SKIP]↵Environment fio [SKIP]↵Environment leonardo [SKIP]↵Environment leonardoeth [SKIP]↵Environment lilypadatmega168 [SKIP]↵Environment lilypadatmega328 [SKIP]↵Environment megaADK [SKIP]↵Environment megaatmega1280 [SKIP]↵Environment megaatmega2560 [SKIP]↵Environment micro [SKIP]↵Environment miniatmega168 [SKIP]↵Environment miniatmega328 [SKIP]↵Environment mkr1000USB [SKIP]↵Environment mkrfox1200 [SKIP]↵Environment mkrzero [SKIP]↵Environment mzeroUSB [SKIP]↵Environment mzeropro [SKIP]↵Environment mzeroproUSB [SKIP]↵Environment nanoatmega168 [SKIP]↵Environment nanoatmega328 [ERROR]↵Environment one [SKIP]↵Environment pro16MHzatmega168 [SKIP]↵Environment pro16MHzatmega328 [SKIP]↵Environment pro8MHzatmega168 [SKIP]↵Environment pro8MHzatmega328 [SKIP]↵Environment robotControl [SKIP]↵Environment robotMotor [SKIP]↵Environment the_things_uno [SKIP]↵Environment uno [SKIP]↵Environment yun [SKIP]↵Environment yunmini [SKIP]↵Environment zero [SKIP]↵Environment zeroUSB [SKIP]↵========================== [ERROR] Took 1.94 seconds ==========================↵"
stack
:
"Error: src/main.cpp:907:31: fatal error: LiquidCrystal_I2C.h: No such file or directory↵#include <LiquidCrystal_I2C.h>↵^↵compilation terminated.↵*** [.pioenvs/nanoatmega328/src/main.o] Error 1↵========================== [ERROR] Took 1.94 seconds ==========================↵↵================================== [SUMMARY] ==================================↵Environment LilyPadUSB [SKIP]↵Environment adafruit_circuitplayground_m0 [SKIP]↵Environment atmegangatmega168 [SKIP]↵Environment atmegangatmega8 [SKIP]↵Environment btatmega168 [SKIP]↵Environment btatmega328 [SKIP]↵Environment chiwawa [SKIP]↵Environment diecimilaatmega168 [SKIP]↵Environment diecimilaatmega328 [SKIP]↵Environment due [SKIP]↵Environment dueUSB [SKIP]↵Environment esplora [SKIP]↵Environment ethernet [SKIP]↵Environment fio [SKIP]↵Environment leonardo [SKIP]↵Environment leonardoeth [SKIP]↵Environment lilypadatmega168 [SKIP]↵Environment lilypadatmega328 [SKIP]↵Environment megaADK [SKIP]↵Environment megaatmega1280 [SKIP]↵Environment megaatmega2560 [SKIP]↵Environment micro [SKIP]↵Environment miniatmega168 [SKIP]↵Environment miniatmega328 [SKIP]↵Environment mkr1000USB [SKIP]↵Environment mkrfox1200 [SKIP]↵Environment mkrzero [SKIP]↵Environment mzeroUSB [SKIP]↵Environment mzeropro [SKIP]↵Environment mzeroproUSB [SKIP]↵Environment nanoatmega168 [SKIP]↵Environment nanoatmega328 [ERROR]↵Environment one [SKIP]↵Environment pro16MHzatmega168 [SKIP]↵Environment pro16MHzatmega328 [SKIP]↵Environment pro8MHzatmega168 [SKIP]↵Environment pro8MHzatmega328 [SKIP]↵Environment robotControl [SKIP]↵Environment robotMotor [SKIP]↵Environment the_things_uno [SKIP]↵Environment uno [SKIP]↵Environment yun [SKIP]↵Environment yunmini [SKIP]↵Environment zero [SKIP]↵Environment zeroUSB [SKIP]↵========================== [ERROR] Took 1.94 seconds ==========================↵↵ at createCompileError (C:\Users\Arduino\AppData\Local\Programs\xod-client-electron\resources\app.asar\node_modules\xod-deploy\dist\cloudCompiler.js:34:80)↵ at WebSocket.ws.on.res (C:\Users\Arduino\AppData\Local\Programs\xod-client-electron\resources\app.asar\node_modules\xod-deploy\dist\cloudCompiler.js:64:14)↵ at emitOne (events.js:96:13)↵ at WebSocket.emit (events.js:188:7)↵ at Receiver._receiver.onmessage (C:\Users\Arduino\AppData\Local\Programs\xod-client-electron\resources\app.asar\node_modules\ws\lib\WebSocket.js:143:47)↵ at Receiver.dataMessage (C:\Users\Arduino\AppData\Local\Programs\xod-client-electron\resources\app.asar\node_modules\ws\lib\Receiver.js:389:14)↵ at Receiver.getData (C:\Users\Arduino\AppData\Local\Programs\xod-client-electron\resources\app.asar\node_modules\ws\lib\Receiver.js:330:12)↵ at Receiver.startLoop (C:\Users\Arduino\AppData\Local\Programs\xod-client-electron\resources\app.asar\node_modules\ws\lib\Receiver.js:165:16)↵ at Receiver.add (C:\Users\Arduino\AppData\Local\Programs\xod-client-electron\resources\app.asar\node_modules\ws\lib\Receiver.js:139:10)↵ at TLSSocket._ultron.on (C:\Users\Arduino\AppData\Local\Programs\xod-client-electron\resources\app.asar\node_modules\ws\lib\WebSocket.js:139:22)↵ at emitOne (events.js:96:13)↵ at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:188:7)↵ at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:176:18)↵ at TLSSocket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:134:10)↵ at TLSWrap.onread (net.js:551:20)"
proto
:
Object

The display is working, I tried to load the Arduino IDE firmware

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Well, it seems like XOD distro has not set up correctly/completely and you’re missing the LiquidCrystal_I2C Arduino library which should be bundled along with XOD.

I summon @brusher_ru to help :mage: He could say which directory to look into and how to fix it.

Hello, @evil200006!
Thanks for the report.
I have reproduced this bug and it’s in cloud compilation service with the library for i2c LCD display. :grimacing:

I’ve added the issue about it in the bug tracker and we’ll fix it soon.
Until then, just compile projects on your machine if you’re using i2c LCD display.

If it does not work for you for some reason, please report it and tell what OS you’re using.

Hi, I’m using Win7 64.
I from the very beginning used Desktop IDE,
please explain what you mean by compilation in the cloud?

It is an option you can check in the new window that pops up when you deploy, just above the debug checkbox, just above the Upload button at the bottom of the window.

As @gweimer said, this is an option in the upload pop up.

This one:

And the error that you posted looks like you checked this option. Try to compile your code without this option. It should help.

I’m doing like this0001
In this case, everything loads and works, only the LCD does not boot.

And if you remove the mark, then the download pauses and nothing happens on any project

See quote from another thread… sounds like it could also be your problem.

1 Like

I solved this problem, my project loaded up.

1 Like

I deleted the win32-avr-tools file.tar.gz he was not downloaded completely. The next time you try to compile, a link error appeared in the console. I downloaded this file from this link and placed it where it was. And it worked.