MAX7219/IR Remote Node

Hello,

I have gone through the tutorial and I know exactly what I want to accomplish, but no idea how to get there.

I saw a thread on how to create new nodes in C++; is there a way I can create one by utilizing an imported Arduino library?

I’ll give an example to show what I mean:

I know that I want to control four-four digit seven segment displays with an IR Remote. I’d like to be able to select the display I want to change, type in a number, and have the number displayed when I confirm my input with an “OK” button click.

The library for using the MAX7219 chip used to control the displays is readily available as is the library for the IR Remote.

The problem lies in that I don’t know C++ and obviously don’t know the derivative used in the Arduino IDE, thus my delight in finding this program. While the libraries do indeed exist, I don’t have the grasp of the language I would need to complete my project.

While I do intend on learning the Arduino language, I’d like to complete this project quickly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks much!

Looks like a gasoline station display :blush:

Unfortunately, I can’t suggest something quick. I see a requirement for driving LED matrixes and IR handling. We’ll definitely do it, but not ETA yet. Currently, quite deep knowledge of Arduino and C++ is required to craft a new native node.

Folks, if anyone with burning eyes has a MAX7219 matrix and/or IR, and could help, the community will say big THANK YOU.

No, nothing so evil as a gasoline display… insert Oregonian rage here.

Thanks for letting me know, I figured that to be the case, but I thought I’d ask.

I don’t know Arduino well, and C++ even less, but I have a pretty good grasp on English, and I do have a soldering hammer. I guess I’ll just have to learn stuff, then.