[Idea] can we get a discord?

I’m just interested in talking or testing out ideas real time with people that have the same interest. I can set it up, or ill leave it someone better at that than me. I just didn’t want to be too presumptuous and make it without XOD’s support. Let me know what you think. and if there is already a discord or someone else decides to do it before me… LET ME GET THAT LINKKK BOI.

** and if its fine to make it, let me know if there are some rooms or roles people want before its set up.

Hello!

I am not sure if it is a good idea. Discord, Slack, Gitter, and other IMs are loosely structured and the past topics are not easily searchable. One who can and want to help has a choice: spend his energy on the forum or in the IM. I think posting to forum makes more benefits for the community.

I wonder what others think about setting up a chat?

1 Like

It’s a good idea, but the language will greatly limit a chat, I depend on the translator :neutral_face:

Discussion groups have their place, but I think a lot of information is going to be lost because discussion groups tend to be harder to search & it is unlikely anyone is going to summarize the results of a discussion & archive it by posting it to the forum.

Discussion groups also lose some of their advantage over a forum when people are spread over multiple time zones.