Help Read Time & Date from DS3231

Hello All,

what i am trying to achieve is a simple sketch to read the time and date from a DS3231.I can read the time and date using Arduino.IDE software but i want to read the DS3231 using XOD.

I was messing around with the attached sketch and was greeted with the following errors.
The piece of code is from https://xod.io/docs/guide/i2c/

DS3231 Read Time.xodball (12.0 KB)
Compilation failed
Command Process exited with code 1
The generated C++ code contains errors. It can be due to a bad node implementation or if your board is not compatible with XOD runtime code. The original compiler error message is above. Fix C++ errors to continue. If you believe it is a bug, report the problem to XOD developers.

The key to your output is “The original compiler error message is above.” This means you need to scroll back to see the actual error message. Since you included your code, I was able to try compiling it and I get:

C:\Users\gweimer\AppData\Local\Temp\xod_temp_sketchbook3vfyZ8\xod_1598637110063_sketch\xod_1598637110063_sketch.ino: In function ‘void xod::runTransaction()’:
C:\Users\gweimer\AppData\Local\Temp\xod_temp_sketchbook3vfyZ8\xod_1598637110063_sketch\xod_1598637110063_sketch.ino:2216:55: error: ‘struct xod::TransactionState’ has no member named ‘node_1_isOutputDirty_OUT’
ctxObj._isOutputDirty_OUT = g_transaction.node_1_isOutputDirty_OUT;

I have seen this error before when pragma directives told XOD to save time by not tracking dirty on output pin, but I was trying to check for dirty on the next input pin. It doesn’t appear to be clear what nodes it is talking about, but seems to imply the output pin is named “OUT” (which could also mean there is no name on it in patch). I don’t see any nodes like that in your patch, so I don’t know what the next step should be…

Thanks for your help gweimer
i will remember to scroll back to the error in the future.The code was not important i was only messing around when i got the errors and assumed it was something that i did.
Once again my friend thanks for your help/support i am sure i will again need it in the future.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.