Arduino libraries downloaded but not found during compilation

I’m attempting to run this mBot tutorial to build a self-balancing robot.

I downloaded and installed the XOD IDE on my Macbook running OSX 10.13.6 (High Sierra). I added the gabbapeople/mbot-lib successfully and added example-mbot-self-balancing to my project.

The first time I tried to upload the project to my mBot, the IDE tries to compile the code and lets me know that I’m missing some libraries. The libraries download successfully and I can see them in ~/xod/__ardulib__.

When I attempt to upload the project again, compilation fails because it can’t find one of the header files that were downloaded. It seems to know that the libraries are there (didn’t prompt to download them again) but doesn’t look like it’s including the libraries in the compilation command. I’d expect it to include something like -I/Users/kirkalicious/xod/__ardulib__/[library] for each dependent library.

Here’s the full error message:

Begin compiling code for the board Arduino Uno 📦

Using board 'uno' from platform in folder: /Users/kirkalicious/xod/__packages__/packages/arduino/hardware/avr/1.8.2
Using core 'arduino' from platform in folder: /Users/kirkalicious/xod/__packages__/packages/arduino/hardware/avr/1.8.2

Detecting libraries used...

/Users/kirkalicious/xod/__packages__/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino5/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I/Users/kirkalicious/xod/__packages__/packages/arduino/hardware/avr/1.8.2/cores/arduino -I/Users/kirkalicious/xod/__packages__/packages/arduino/hardware/avr/1.8.2/variants/standard /var/folders/th/_qg7fzts1lqcg85f6rv5vmw80000gn/T/arduino-sketch-B0F4A9272B5390C05846450F0DBE25BB/sketch/xod_1581191488087_sketch.ino.cpp -o /dev/null

Alternatives for I2Cdev.h: []
ResolveLibrary(I2Cdev.h)
  -> candidates: []

/var/folders/th/_qg7fzts1lqcg85f6rv5vmw80000gn/T/xod_temp_sketchbooks2jtGs/xod_1581191488087_sketch/xod_1581191488087_sketch.ino:1180:10: fatal error: I2Cdev.h: No such file or directory
 #include <I2Cdev.h>
          ^~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

Error: exit status 1
Compilation failed.

Any ideas how to get the IDE to include the needed arduino libraries during compilation?

Are the header files in a sub folder? I’ve had to copy files to the top+level library folder under
__ardulib__