RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded

While trying to drag nodes, I get this. I also can’t save, and get this. CPU on one core goes to 100% for about 10 seconds. It was after working a while, though I did a “reload” and didn’t do much work after that. Finally exited, restarted, and seems to work ok. midi-example-2.xodball (33.0 KB)
XOD-client 0.15.0

Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded
    at flattenSingleChildIntoContext (bundle.js:26163)
    at traverseAllChildrenImpl (bundle.js:25581)
    at traverseAllChildren (bundle.js:25676)
    at flattenChildren (bundle.js:26198)
    at ReactDOMComponent._reconcilerUpdateChildren (bundle.js:23642)
    at ReactDOMComponent._updateChildren (bundle.js:23742)
    at ReactDOMComponent.updateChildren (bundle.js:23729)
    at ReactDOMComponent._updateDOMChildren (bundle.js:21004)
    at ReactDOMComponent.updateComponent (bundle.js:20818)
    at ReactDOMComponent.receiveComponent (bundle.js:20780)
    at Object.receiveComponent (bundle.js:17614)
bundle.js:25581 Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded
    at traverseAllChildrenImpl (bundle.js:25581)
    at traverseAllChildren (bundle.js:25676)
    at flattenChildren (bundle.js:26198)
    at ReactDOMComponent._reconcilerUpdateChildren (bundle.js:23642)
    at ReactDOMComponent._updateChildren (bundle.js:23742)
    at ReactDOMComponent.updateChildren (bundle.js:23729)
    at ReactDOMComponent._updateDOMChildren (bundle.js:21004)
    at ReactDOMComponent.updateComponent (bundle.js:20818)
    at ReactDOMComponent.receiveComponent (bundle.js:20780)
    at Object.receiveComponent (bundle.js:17614)

Thanks for the report!

Am I understand correctly, you get this error inevitably after some time spent in the IDE and IDE restart fixes the problem for a short time, then it appears again? I failed to reproduce the problem with the xodball you’ve shared, but if we’d have more details we can try to guess the reason with the stack trace.

Sorry, it was late when I posted.

XOD started going cpu crazy after about an hour or two of playing around with patches. I incrementally built up the “main” patch, creating the other patches, working back and forth a bit, even deleting nodes & patches. Eventually, and I can’t be accurate, XOD would go cpu-crazy and unresponsive. It would then recover and be ok for a while. I noticed it mostly when moving nodes. I did reload once or twice during the process. After the last reload, it only took about 10 or 15 minutes before the cpu would go crazy again. At that point, I couldn’t even save. So, it got progressively worse.

I quit and restarted, and it worked fine, but at that point I only worked for 10 minutes or so and was finished.

So, I have no reproducible scenario for you. It seems dependent on the length of the work session. Possibly related to deleting patches. I know the frustration of not having a reproducible scenario, so this may just become “we’ll keep an eye out for that.”

I see. We would try to catch the scenario with UI automation :space_invader: Let the machine to perform hundreds drag-n-drops, adds and deletions.