Missing a part of library after update

Once upon time, my XOD was updated. I used to use library wayland/ssd1306-oled-i2c/init
BUT, now I see an issue with missing component “init” (one of the NOD from this library). After that my program is not working of course. Also, XOD downloaded updated all libraries, however part of them (several NODes) were not downloaded and now they are missing in the list…I re downloaded libraries by hand, but it was not fix my issue.
How can I fixed that, help me please.

Hi @invisiblealex,

In the last update to the ssd1306-oled-i2c library I combined init and ssd1306-oled-i2c-device into a single node. I thought that because the two nodes would always be used together, it was more convenient to have single node. If you delete the init node from your sketch you should be able to run your program.

There is also now a rotate-display node in the library that you may find useful.

thanks for reply:) you have got useful thing. Could you help, what exactly should I do to fix that cause INIT I see only in the message (I didn’t get)

I have “from bus” node and relationship with ssd1306 to last pin "reset’ and, to be honest, I did not not understand how it works, but it works)))

In my program I even don not see INIT node…

Wait a minute, I’ve just saw an example in your library and probably I should left only ssd1306 node and dev (“to bus”) node and that is all, am I right?

In your first screenshot I can see your init node hidden behind ssd1306-oled-i2c-device. If you move ssd1306-oled-i2c-device you will be able to select and delete init. Once you’ve got rid of the init your program should compile and run.

I think you can keep the init node in your library and flag it as deprecated with no code so users get a warning instead of an error when they update your library.

1 Like

Thanks a LOT!!! You’ve done my day and saved me :grin:
I did not see behind the ssd1306 another node, my bad. Now it is working properly.

Thanks for the tip about marking nodes as deprecated. I’ll look into this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.