Metronome - Beats and Measures

Brand New to coding and XOD. I’ve done the tutorial but havent been able to get my head around trying to make a timer display beats and measures.

I want to advance a digit every 4 pulses. I want to be able to see the pulses and I want to be able to adjust the number of pulses before the digit advances. 1: 1, 1:2, 1:3, 1:4, 2:1, 2:2, 2:3, 2:4, etcc…

adding a click would be nice too!

Any help is very much appreciated!

A simple solution using count-to-n to generate beats:

“count” only gets updated when count-to-n resets (when it has counted its N beats; 4 in this example). I don’t know what hardware you have, so I have no idea how you want to generate a click, but pulse-on-change output can be used to trigger the click. I’m guessing for music, you probably want to use a fractional count-to-n-T so beats are closer than 1 second apart as in this example.

If you have something else generating beats, then you can’t use count-to-n, so you will have to build your own count circuit to count the beats. Here is one example:
The top count node counts beats & resets when it reaches the desired number (greater-or-equal to 4 in this example). The same time it resets the beat counter, it increments the measure count node below. The click is triggered by the same output that triggers the count-INC for counting beats at the top.

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow! I can’t thank you enough! These are great and will be so helpful as I learn more about all of this. I’m 51 and just learning to code.

I really can’t thank you enough.

Sincerely,

~ C

What’s weird is that I don’t have either nodes: count-to-n or greater-or-equal .

I’m going to research getting those into my desktop app.

found it. did a search and realized I didn’t have the marcoaita/malibrary installed.

went into my XOD Desktop app and under the File pulldown menu, there is ‘Add Library…’

typed in malibrary and found it.

Thanks again.

Sorry about that. I forget about having extra libraries and didn’t realize I was using nodes that aren’t built in.

No need to apologize. You REALLY helped me. Thank you for taking the time to do so. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.