LCD 16x2 sereial print

Hello. how to get same result with xod. like i have with arduino ide and " LiquidCrystaln SerialDisplay.".
i have 2 arduino nano and one is hooked with 16x2lcd without that handy adapter…so there is now messy wires… if i load that LiquidCrysta SerialDisplay from IDE its works .i can read strings and RPM from another nano with RX and DX,but i cant modify that position where all text is coming.
i dont understant how to use that uart reading and AT printing …i need some exsample how nodes need to set to get that serial readings to my lcd…
i can use that "at print "when i just add there strings what i like and its easy to make all modifikations,but how to do it with serial communication…ähh …

If you don’t have the physical I2C adapter for your LCD, you will not be able to use the i2c nodes to print to it. There are text-lcd-parallel-* nodes that you might be able to use. These nodes accept a string for each line to display on the LCD. The text-lcd/print-at node I assume you are referring to only works with the i2c LCDs. There is an example of how to use it in text-lcd/example-print-at.

Ok thanks for your answering.Now I can stop trying with wrong way.I tough I was right line course that uart work just… fine. Except that…one question… I open serial connection and print out caracters and data…where is that point when I need to place that on my lcd upper or lower —__… is that when I gonna send it ower serial…what is that tric to tell that position…

I know there is no stubid question.there is just stubit people’s.

If you are using one of the text-lcd-parallel- nodes, there are separate pins for strings to write to the first and second lines. Most of these nodes require the entire display to be updated; you cannot update just one part of the display. You can get the same affect by using concat node to join multiple inputs into a single string to display.

i tryed to put picture…

There is that moment when i print data and gonna read it with another arduino nano over to serial. its look good and clear when i look my lcd.
…RPM 850… and variable rpm data works,but
i cant put there nothing for adjusting placement for text or data… best result this moment with lcd text placement is when i hitting space before or after characters to set nice position to lcd…
still cant find o way set another row…
i know that text lcd parallel 16x2 node where that happen easily for 2 pins
i cant use it over serial communication?
my all arduino pins is full allready for relay board and h bridge and tacometer… and thats why i like to use serial communication and one more arduino for lcd display and buttons what i gonna need for my project.
This moment my lcd works just with liquit crystal serialDisplay loaded in my extra nano.
i dont know how to get that nano+lcd combination work just using XOD nodes. that serial reading with
xod…it wont work ,but if i test my lcd with node exsamples they works so my lcd is ok…
i dont get idea how to read data…what stuff there is coming and how to use it.
that “stand a lone” settings what i now using works too easy…just read data and write it on display.and thats why i like to use xod and learn whats going on… and handle that all data what moves there…
i like to see example for that setting how to send data to uart and handle that information with another device.

How to make that with XOD

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.