Is this description correct?

I was expecting the description to say will pass false if any one of them is false. Is there a node that will do that?

AND: Outputs true if and only if all inputs are true.

It is correct, because one or the other or all, you mean xor that is or exclusive, that only one must be true

Is there a node that will pass a false if one or more out of the bunch is false? Sorry, I’m new to programming.
Or will pass true if only one or more are true?

As stated above, “and” will output false unless ALL inputs are true (outputs false if ANY inputs are false; outputs true if [and only if] ALL inputs are true). “or” will output true if ANY input is true (outputs false if all inputs are false).

I ended up using 1’s and 0’s to get the logic to work. Thank you for the feedback everyone.

How do I get both nodes to trigger the same port?

I want to attach RV to SIG, but maintain V2 to SIG.

Is this acceptable?

No. You do not want two nodes controlling the same port like that. You will just get the port switching between the two values very quickly.

You also cannot directly connect two outputs to a single input pin since XOD would not know which one to use our how to join them. You must determine how they should be joined and code that. The easiest solution would be to use an “and” or “or” node to join the two outputs. Which solution is “correct” depends on what exactly you want it to do. Perhaps neither will work for you and you need a more complex solution.

if the port must be active by either of the 2 node, add an OR

if you need it to be activated only with 1 use XOR

if you want it to be activated only when 2 are true use AND

if you want it to be activated only when 2 are false use NAND

I don’t want to activate the port simultaneously from both nodes. I only want a single function to manipulate D8 when the node is pulsed individually. I’d prefer to keep the function nodes separate, as shown, if possible. Can I generate an intermediate node between the function nodes and the digital write node?

In my novice imagination I picture a digital-write node that is veridic. When it’s expanded more boolean signal ports (SIG) are exposed. This would allow more than one operation to activate it individually at a given time when triggered by the pulse of a function node. Only one function should operate at a given time. If more than one function node is pulsed it would complete one function before starting another in the order they were activated. What do you think?

Digital-write sets a pin on or off. Pulses and functions completing don’t make much sense in that context…

The “and”, “or”, “xor”, etc. mentioned above are your intermediate nodes between your function nodes and digital-write. If that isn’t doing what you want, you are probably going about this wrong and we would be able to help more if we knew exactly what you are trying to do.

Can I share my code with you?

“Or” was the answer. Thank you for your patience. I started constructing a custom node to do what I wanted and by the end I was left with an or node with two boolean inputs and one boolean output. That’s when i realized i was making this more difficult then it really was. Sorry for my stupidity.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.