3 digit multiplexed 7 segment display

hi, new library. It is still in development but you can try :slightly_smiling_face:
Link library cesars/3-digit-multiplex-7seg

1 Like

Hey, thanks for sharing!

It would be nice to see a scheme for the hardware setup. I see this is quite low-level driver as all segments are controlled directly with GPIO. I wonder how Q1, Q2, and Q3 are connected to multiplex the digits.

hi @nkrkv , I will soon load the scheme. There are several ways to connect, for common cathode digits, OUT’s segments a, b, c, d, e, f, g and dp by resistor 220 ohm. OUT’s Q1, Q2 and Q3 by NPN transistor with 10k resistor.

There is another simpler form, without resistor a, b, c, d, e, f, g and dp, between the NPN collector and the common cathode of the digit a 220 ohm resistor, in this case the intensity varies according to the active segments .

It can also be modified for common anode, soon

1 Like

I am mlooking for 3 digit 7seg library, this one is the only one I found, but doesn’t exist anymore. Any other place I can found it ?

the library that obsolete, and do not update it anymore.

But you can try with this library
dancojocaru2000/7-segment

this library is for single digit, I am not fluent enough with XOD (at least yet) to make working for 3 digit, but if you ant help …