Possible to increase the PWM resolution?

Not quite the same. It will change the PWM frequency, but also will make millis(), micros() and delay() have the wrong durations.

Does this card work with XOD?

Did you look for a library for xod for TLC59711?

Jes, did not found:

If it is not possible to control mosfets with that chip it is maybe not that useful, I have to investigate that in that cas.

If it is possible to control mosfets with that card and possible to do it with XOD, it is definatly something to look in to.

I have also orderd this: https://www.electrokit.com/produkt/analog-digital-mux-labkort/

If that could work and I could integrate this chip.

That is not very expensive.

But first I must know if increesing PWM resolution rely helps.

Someone would have to write the xod library for tlc59711. In the past, I experimented with a tool to automatically convert an Arduino library to xod. But, I didn’t get much interest. It takes a chunk of time to do it, and I have other things.

You might look at hendyhinds1/rgb-led — XOD which does a curve.

Yes, I used mosfets to drive about 1amp. Bigger one’s can do more, of course. I assume you know about using mosfet’s, and their issues. All that is a different issue.

Please start splitting your questions into separate posts by topic.

Unfortunatly very little, just experimenting to get the results I want. The N-Drive shield uses this mosfet: NTD5867NLT4G
yo
What I can read about it is that it is fast, powerful and inexpensive. More current than this and you have to duble tripple the price.

Hi awgrover!

I have made a simple connection as you can see in the picture.

But as soon as I increes to 10, 12 or 14 bit, lights get more dim, and I dont know how to fix that.

Any tip would be helpful.

Most Arduino users are going to assume 0-255 for PWM values…changing resolution breaks that assumption.

pwm-write code includes this:

#ifdef PWMRANGE
    static constexpr Number pwmRange = PWMRANGE;
    #else
    static constexpr Number pwmRange = 255.0;
    #endif

PWMRANGE is a compiler option…you are changing its value at run-time. You could write your own pwm-write module to fix this. It might not be trivial to make it dynamically pull current resolution rather than using compiler define, but you could hard-code your own pwm-write for resolution you want. maybe pwm-write-10bit, pwm-write-12bit, etc.

Seriously!

This is very disappointing.

Starting to doubt XOD as a solution for me.

I changed it to 12-bit and 14-bit and it works with PWM.

Unfortunatly it dose not work with led- node.

Pictures below are the led node.
I guess I must change the table?

Skärmbild 2022-06-30 094939

Can someone help me change led node/table/calculation so it works with 12 and 14-bit.

Best regards Jacob!

Copy the pwm-write node to your own patch, and change the pwmrange. (you probably shouldn’t edit xod nodes).

Copy the whole node to your own patch, and replace pwm-write with your copied pwm-write patch.

I am sorry I don’t understand?

What is my own patch?

I think I found, but I dont know how to use it?

I went in to the led node, and was about to change the valu from 0-254 to 0-16383. But because I hade changed the PWM node it was already changed in the led node.

But it did not work. Very strange behavior from led node.

Are you sure I don’t have to change formula or table or something?

I haven’t dealt with editing library nodes in a long time, and I don’t remember exactly what happens.

A “patch” is one of the tabs in your project. Maybe go through the tutorials again? There’s a lot of terminology.

Can anyone provide assistance to Jacob? I think he already edited the pwm-node?

Realy happy.

I started a new project and added just the nessesary nodes.

This is with PWM:

Every thing works.

Her is a first test:

I also tested with PWM to compare, and you can clearly see that it is not god for leds.

Bigg bigg thanky for all the help.

Now I need to ger the multiplexer board and figgure out how to connect and draw in XOD.

Then it is “just” to draw the board in kicad ad order.

:heart:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.