Problems compiling

I am unable to compile anything. I’m running Windows 10. Just getting started with this but here is the error msg I keep getting. Seems as if its not loading properly.

Package index broken
Error: Command failed: “C:\Users\Jeff Holly Bevan\AppData\Local\Programs\XOD IDE\resources\arduino-cli.exe” --config-file=C:\Users\Jeff Holly Bevan\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-cli2t6a9o.cli-config.yml config dump Error: unknown command “Holly” for “arduino-cli” Run ‘arduino-cli --help’ for usage. "C:\Users\Jeff Holly Bevan\AppData\Local\Programs\XOD IDE\resources\arduino-cli.exe" --config-file=C:\Users\Jeff Holly Bevan\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-cli2t6a9o\.cli-config.yml config dump (exited with error code 1)
Check correctness of the corresponding URL in “C:\Users\Jeff Holly Bevan\xod_packages_/extra.txt” and try to update indexes again

HELP!

“Unknown command ‘Holly’” would indicate it is unable to deal with spaces in the path name. You will probably have to move your workspace to a different location that doesn’t include spaces.

This could probably be considered a bug that path is not quoted to allow spaces…

could/would this be a simple as renaming the pathname Jeff Holly Bevan to something else with no spaces or just eliminating the spaces in the current path name?

Current pathname is where windows is looking for all your personal stuff, so it would not be trivial to change. XOD has an option File > Switch Workspace. I’m not 100% sure, but I think changing this to a path without spaces would resolve your issue. You will need to copy/move the project you are working on to the new folder.

This may only change your project directory, and not the XOD installed location. You may need to re-install XOD into a new location to fully resolve the issue.

Good catch, gentlemen!

Created an issue about this bug https://github.com/xodio/xod/issues/1723